With the help of its agency Eminence, Avesco Rent developed a website with a CMS that was easier to manage and that had three main objectives:
Avesco Rent, a subsidiary of the Caterpillar Group, is a supplier of rental equipment solutions for construction sites, events, professionals and individuals. It officially represents “The Cat Rental Store” brand, in Switzerland, which is part of the Caterpillar group. Avesco Rent is present across all of Switzerland with more than 20 agencies located in both the French and German-speaking regions.
01. To migrate Avesco Rent’s website from Typo 3 to WordPress, in French and German
02. To import all pages and products, including: 400 products, 200 characteristics per product and approximately 70 pages
03. To optimize the website loading time
04. To maintain the current SEO positioning
05. To simplify the Back Office management
Challenges & solutions:
a. The Challenges:
b. The Solutions:
First, Eminence exported the content in batches into several csv files. Next, Eminence imported them with the WP ALL IMPORT plugin and the following add-ons:
For the products, we started by importing the product characteristics, then the categories, then the actual products before finally importing the products’ translated versions.
To avoid losing the current SEO positioning of the website, we imported all the meta descriptions and meta titles, and we kept the same URLs.
This task was challenging but as a result, we managed to import well-organized and well-structured content. Last but not least, we imported all the content without losing any information.