Google recently introduced a new type of automated campaign called Performance Max. The goal of these campaigns is to optimize your performance across the entire Google Ads inventory from a single campaign using machine learning.
In this article, our experts explain the importance of these campaigns to improve your conversions on all Google channels.
What are Performance Max campaigns?
Performance Max is a new type of goal-based campaign that allows advertisers using performance-based advertising to take advantage of their entire Google Ads inventory from a single campaign. Performance Max campaigns help you increase conversions across all Google channels (YouTube, Display Network, Search Network, Discover, Gmail, Maps, etc.).
When to use Performance Max?
Performance Max is the ideal solution to use when:
– You have specific advertising and conversion goals (e.g., drive online sales, generate leads, etc.).
– You want to optimize the performance of your campaigns and are not limited by the channel on which your ads appear.
– You want easy access to all of Google’s advertising channels with a single campaign.
– You want additional reach and conversion value beyond keyword-based search campaigns.
Read alos : → Google Ads offers a new way to measure offline leads
What are the benefits of Performance Max?
With this new type of campaign, you can:
- Maximize your conversions: automation optimizes your budget and bids across all channels to help you capture new conversion opportunities in real-time. Machine Learning-based Performance Max campaigns allow you to more accurately estimate which combinations of ads, audiences, and creatives will yield the best results.
- Find new customers: You can identify new audience segments based on user behaviors. This is because Google can understand and interpret user intent, behavior, and context in real-time, so you can appear at the right time with more relevant ads.
- Get more detailed information: Performance Max campaigns are now part of the Insights page to help you understand how automation works and how you can improve your campaign. The asset reports generated by Performance Max allow you to identify the creatives that influence your performance, and optimize them in your campaigns to boost your ROI.
- Working with automation: Google Ads’ automation tool searches for leads based on your goals and delivers the most appropriate ad with the optimal bid to maximize campaign performance.
How do Performance Max campaigns work?
Performance Max is a type of automated goal-based campaign that works with Machine Learning to provide audiences with a relevant ad with an optimal bid and optimized performance.
Google’s artificial intelligence will choose the best combinations of titles, descriptions, visuals, and videos that you have provided, to maximize your performance. Google will also choose the place where your ads will be displayed: Search, Display, Discovery, YouTube, Gmail, Maps. So, through a single campaign, you’ll be able to show your ad everywhere on Google, always to maximize your conversions. For example, if your goal is to maximize your online sales, Google will choose the most effective combination of your ad elements to show on the right channel to generate a conversion. It is important to know that Google’s algorithm is based on existing data. That’s why it’s not advisable to launch a Performance Max campaign if your account is relatively new.
Machine Learning also allows extremely precise and relevant targeting of the audiences and a positioning of the keywords. Indeed, it is you who will define the type of targeted audience. For example, you can target people who have visited a particular site or who are interested in a specific domain. You will also have to define a list of keywords on which to position yourself. From this list of information, Google’s Machine Learning will be able to refine the targeting to maximize performance. It will be able to analyze the transmitted information and go further to improve your performance.
Best practices for optimizing your Performance Max campaigns
Performance Max campaigns incorporate best-in-class automation technologies in the areas of bidding, targeting, creativity and attribution to ensure more conversions and profitability. In addition, they are designed to be effective across multiple marketing objectives and communication channels.
Therefore, we recommend that you keep the following practices in mind when building effective Performance Max campaigns:
- Choose conversion goals that matter to your business and set values for your conversions.
- Choose the right budget and bidding strategy.
- Import a variety of creative elements into your element pool (at least five for each asset type): text, images, and videos to ensure better automation to find the right combinations.
- Run campaigns for at least six weeks. This will allow the Machine Learning algorithm to ramp up and collect enough data to compare performance and optimize future campaigns.
When properly managed, Performance Max campaigns can be a powerful lever for your business. Do not hesitate to contact Eminence to help you set up your paid campaigns.
Do you want to implement an effective Google Ads strategy and achieve your business goals?